Monday, 14 June 2010
500g Caster sugar
750ml Double cream
1. Whisk the eggs with half the sugar in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water until the mix thickens. Remove from the heat and continue whisking while it cools.
2. Whip the cream and mash half the strawberries. Mix together the egg mixture, the strawberries and the cream. At this stage you could add the meringue.
3. Line a rectangular loaf tin with cling film, pour in the mixture and smooth the surface.
4. Make a puree by forcing the remaining strawberries through a fine wire sieve, adding in sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
5. Freeze for at least four hours.
6. To serve, turn out and remove the cling film. Slice and serve with a spoonful of the puree.