1. Set the oven to 200o C.
2. Boil the potato in salted water (2 teaspoons), drain and mash coarsely
3. Add the flour, 30ml of olive oil, salt (2 teapsoons) and the yeast to the potato and mix by hand or with a machine.
4. If using a mixer, slowly knead the dough for 5 minutes until it has become smooth and elastic.
5. If kneading by hand, it will take a while longer until the dough becomes smooth.
6. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rise for an hour.
7. Transfer the dough to a large flat metal roasting dish, greased with plenty of olive oil.
8. Leave it to rise for another hour then using your finger or the end of a wooden spoon create small depressions all over the surface and sprinkle over sea salt and the rosemary.
9. Bake until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes. When you turn it out to cool on a wire rack, check that there’s a hollow sound when you tap the bottom, otherwise put it back to bake for another 5-10 minutes.
|Perfect with salami and soft cheese|