Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Pasta con cavolo verza e prosciutto - Pasta with savoy cabbage and prosciutto
120g prosciutto or pancetta or bacon
300g macaroni or penne
salt and pepper to taste
200g savoy cabbage
1 clove garlic
1. Grill the prosciutto, and shred it when it’s cooled down.
2. Put the macaroni on to boil in salted water.
3. Add the savoy cabbage finely shredded as you drain the pasta – it will get all the cooking it needs.
4. In the pasta pan melt the butter, add finely chopped garlic and onion and fry for a couple of minutes until it begins to colour.
5. Add the flour to make a roux, then add the milk to make a loose béchamel, then the parmesan and the pepper.
6. Return the macaroni and savoy cabbage to the pan and combine with the sauce, adding the chopped parsley, then the grilled prosciutto.
7. Serve before the cabbage loses its crispness.